How to Get Prospects Excited About Your Business
Is there a way to get your prospects excited about your advertising?
There are 5 major components to good advertising copy (The order of these is essential to success):
- Command Attention
- Showcase Benefits of Products/Services
- Prove the Benefits
- Persuade People to Embrace the Benefits
- Call to Action
Advertising is sales in print. So, you need to think about the unique benefits your products/services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to emphasize results, not features.
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these components:
- Command Attention: This is usually accomplished with the headline. You need an attention-getter that makes people want to know more about your products/services. The best headlines give a vivid portrayal of the benefits or show how a problem can be avoided with your products/services. The headline is the advertisement for the advertisement.
- Showcase Benefits: You have to showcase the benefits of your products and services and, more importantly, show how they will solve or prevent a problem. They need to know what’s in it for them. Include useful, factual and clear information to show precisely what the benefits are and how they are going to help the customer.
- Offer Proof: This is where you prove what the advertisement is offering. You need to establish you have a method to deliver. Consider information that establishes credibility and past performance.
- Persuade: You need to add compelling reasons for your potential customers to purchase your products/services. Use a hard sell approach and create scarcity. This will enact your potential customers to feel like they have to act now. Which leads into the last component.
- Call to Action: You need to compel your potential customers to DO something. They need to check out your site, sign up for your newsletter, purchase your products, contact you about services…something. Offer a freebie-a booklet, sample, product, bonus, demo, consult, limited time price…the list goes on. There are lots of ways to get potential customers excited about ordering and help them feel like they are getting an amazing deal.
Good advertisements include all of these components and are not complete without any of them.
You can sit down and think through any one of these components, then figure out how to best place them together for the most effectiveness. We can help you with this too. Check out our Smart Arsenal to learn how to put together great advertisements from some of the best in the business.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: TORIE MATHIS
Torie Mathis helps entrepreneurs grow their business with Smart Marketing. She is a best-selling author, Army veteran, international speaker + trainer, and the CEO + Creative Director at Lake Shark Media. She also teaches entrepreneurs how to get smart with digital marketing at toriemathis.com
I help solopreneurs & biz owners (like you) use digital marketing to get more clients + make more money without a big budget, a lot of time, or losing your sanity. And I make it easy!
You don’t need crazy tech skills, buckets of cash, or dedicated staff to market your business. You don’t even need a lot of time.
What you need is to be SMART.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Done correctly, marketing on LinkedIn will showcase your expertise. Let’s discuss some ways to make that right first impression.
Here are the seven small business mistakes often made that slow down their growth and how you can avoid them.
Why do you need a business plan? When you create a business plan, you’ll look ahead and try to identify any problems you might encounter.
CLIENT WORK BY LAKE SHARK MEDIA
SIGN UP FOR BUSINESS BYTES WITH TORIE MATHIS, LAKE SHARK MEDIA CEO + CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Let's get smart with digital marketing. More clients. More money. More time.
THE MOST CONSISTENT + DEPENDABLE WAY TO GET MORE CUSTOMERS + BIGGER PROFITS IS TO MARKET SMARTER.
We help entrepreneurs rise above the competition + grow their business.